Privacy Statementand how we use data.
The sport in Scouting is to find
the good in every boy and develop it.
-- Robert Baden-Powell
This web site is generally a non-interactive resource site which you can anonymously explore. Visitors learn what they want and then leave without interacting with other visitors.
Automatically Collected Information
When you browse through the website, read pages, or download information, certain information about your visit is automatically gathered. This information does not identify you personally. The following information about your visit is automatically collected and stored:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access this website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access this site;
- The date and time you access this site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to this website from another website, the address of that website.
Collecting Personal Information
There are four ways in which personal information may be collected from you, all of these are controlled by you:
- Send an email. Any information you put in your message will be read by human eyes. Your email address will be collected.
- Enter a contest. Your email is saved in a database when you enter a contest. An email is automatically sent to your email address to confirm that you have access to that email and actually want to enter the contest.
- Submit content. Text entered when submitting a request to post content is stored and read. Any personal information will be removed during the editing process before any text is posted.
- Sign guestbook. Your email and message are manually reviewed and stored in a database. The text message you enter may be viewed by other visitors to the site.
Use of Personal Information
Information about you is used in three ways:
- When you enter a contest, an email is automatically sent to you at the end of each contest letting you know if you won and announcing the next contest. This message includes a link to click to stop any future contest emails.
- When you send an email, replies to appropriate messages are written. No email addresses are saved for later communication or solicitation. Once a communication dialog is complete, your emails are deleted.
- When you submit content or sign the guestbook, your email address may be used to contact you with questions about the text you entered.
Interaction with Children
The audience of this site includes youth and adults. Regardless of the age of the visitor, no personal information is collected.
The guestbook, contest entry, content submission, and mail pages state that the person must be over 13 years old to enter information.